Visa Information

Student Visa

SSVF – Simplified student visa framework: The SSVF has been designed to make the process of applying for a student visa simpler to navigate for genuine students, deliver a more targeted approach to immigration integrity and reduce red tape for business. From 1 July 2016: Student Visa (subclass 500): This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution.


You must have:
  • applied for and been accepted to study in a registered full-time course at an educational institution in Australia
  • organised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age.
What this visa lets you do:
  • You can study a registered full-time course in Australia.
  • Eligible family members can accompany you to Australia.
  • You and your family members can generally work a specified number of hours.
  • You can generally stay in Australia until your course is finished.

Tourist Visa

Visitor Visa (Subclasses 600, 601, 651):
  • This visa lets you travel to Australia and stay for up to twelve months as a tourist.
  • Maximum 3 months study.
  • Intention to visit Australia is genuine.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Sufficient money to support yourself during stay in Australia.
You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia:
  • as a visitor
  • for business visitor activities
  • to visit family
  • on a tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.
Tourist Visa – allows to enter Australia as a tourist. You can study but you can’t work. Usually for 3 months or 6 months.

Working Holiday Visa

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)
  • Maximum 4 months study.
  • Aged 18 to 30 years and hold an eligible passport.
  • Principal purpose to holiday in Australia.
  • Enter or remain in Australia as a genuine visitor.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Sufficient funds for airfares and personal support for stay in Australia.
  • You must be under 31 and from a country that participates in this scheme.
1 year visa to work full time and travel in Australia. Study is permitted on this visa.